- By using Outlook, add a personal folder and a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder to your profile.Note Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 use the term “Personal Address Book.” Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 uses the term “Contacts folder.”
- Create a temporary Contacts folder in the new personal folder that you just created.
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- In the Address Book dialog box, click Options on the Tools menu.
- Under Keep personal addresses in, select the name that you provided for the Personal Address Book or the Contacts folder, and then click OK.
- Click to select the contacts that you want to add as Outlook contacts. Right-click the selected contacts, and then click Add to Personal Address Book or Add to Contacts.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- In the Select file type to import from list, click Personal Address Book or Contacts, and then click Next.
- Select the temporary Contacts folder that you created previously, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to import the contacts from your Personal Address Book or your Contacts folder to the Contacts folder in your personal folder.
You can now drag the contacts to any Microsoft Exchange Server location, whether it be a Mailbox Contacts folder or a Contacts public folder.
— according to Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238773